Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Scrappin'

I think Hubby and I have over-achieved in teaching our girls the Love Language of Words of Affirmation. The girls constantly affirm each other and us. Dennis mowed the lawn yesterday. As we were all going out to the car last night, the Singer says, "Dad, the yard looks really nice. It's great that you take such good care of it." It's hard not to laugh when your 16 yr old daughter says that in all sincerity. The Imp, knowing Words of Affirmation are important to me, has marked in her calendar "thank Mom for all she does. Say thanks for bed and room." She has picked random dates in the next month. And on the marked days, she'll come out and say something to the effect of "Mom, just wanted to tell you thanks for all you do." It is amusing, but I also think they'll have healthy relationships in the future. They get that relationships take effort and work and don't "just happen" or magically fade out to "happily ever after."


I'm so excited. I spent 2 hours today organizing my scrap-booking stuff. I use to scrap book every Thursday with a group of friends, then for various reasons, we all had to stop. I promised myself I would get back into it this summer. Didn't happen. I ran into one of my scrap-booking pals the other day. And we both are in a position to start cropping on Thursdays. I know what my favorite day of the week is going to be.

No comments: