Wednesday, March 05, 2014

De-Clutter

Through Facebook, I came up this site 40 Bags in 40 Days.  So this is part of my Lenten Journey this year.  
With both girls essentially gone, Hubby working from home 90% of the time, and my home-based business, we've begun to reassign floor space for new purposes.  

The Imp has lost her room.  She took her bed and desk to her apartment in Jacksonville, so we took down all the things from her walls...









painted her room and moved Hubby's desk and the home computer into her room which is now the home office.  

The Singer's bedroom has become the craft storage room.  All my scrapbook stuff (which is quite a bit), all my crochet and knitting yarn, patterns and needles/hooks, and all my miscellaneous craft supplies (paint, calligraphy ink, beads, foam boards, straw, google eyes, etc) is in there on bookcases and in the closet.  We'd like to turn that into a guest room after she enters the convent in August.

Prior to moving his desk into the Imp's old room, our formal dining room was our home office.  I don't want to move anything from the old office into the new office until it has been gone through.  No junk allowed in the new office.  And our formal dining room has now become the sewing room.  I'd like to get a good storage/working system going in there.  So I'm going to participate in this 40 Bags in 40 Days to complete the start of our home transformation.  I've purged much already in the last few years, and I'm sure I'll have more to get rid of, but my priority it to ORGANIZE.  I'm starting small, however.  Today's project:  the pen/scissor/tape drawer in the kitchen. 

No comments: