Friday, April 05, 2013

Castle



For the past 6 weeks I've been on an emotional roller-coaster.  And my faith in God and the support (both literal and prayer) I've gotten from Dennis and my friends have gotten me through it.  But I've also needed an escape.  A 'safe-place' to go.  A place where I don't have to think.  That place has been the TVshow, Castle.  
I guess I had heard about the show when it began 5 years ago, but I didn't watch it until last Fall/Winter.  When Dennis spent the month of September in PA with his parents, his sister told him all about it and said we would love it.  Sometime after Dennis' dad died in November, we ordered Season1 from Netflix.  And I fell in love with the show and the characters and preceded to watch Seasons 2, 3 and 4.  The writing is really good.  The banter entertaining and inevitably it causes me to laugh out loud.  I am a firm believer that laughter is necessary for a healthy life.  And that laughter helps us maintain a balance in our emotions.  So when my life started unravelling, and we had just finished watching Season 4 on Netflix, my husband went out and bought me Season 4 to take with me on my travels.  As my life continued to become crazy and I was spending more and more time in hotels, he went and got me Season 3...I now have Seasons 1-4.  I spent a lot of time with Castle and Beckett (aka Caskett according to Richard Castle, since they're now a couple) the last weeks, especially in Omaha where it was 17 degrees.  
In one of episodes, it is mentioned that Richard Castle's books helped Kate Beckett get through her mother's death...and escape.  Well, the TV show Castle has helped me through this time and I will always have a soft spot in my heart for this show, and let's face it, turning to a TV show to numb my emotions for a while, sure beats the alternatives.

No comments: